Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Status: Contract with the possibility of extension
Hours of work: Day, evening and weekend hours
Ability to travel and attend weekends, early morning and evening meetings/events required
Work Environment: Guyana (Regions 1-6)
Reporting directly to the IDRF Country Manager, The Monitoring and Evaluation will work with IDRF’s partners to collect and analyze data within Guyana. The scope of the work is to lead the overall database and baseline data development and track the progress of IDRF’s new mental health initiative in Guyana. The Monitoring and Evaluations officer will be leading all data analysis and evaluation work and share key learnings with all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Leadership: Provide technical expertise and lead the ongoing development of a robust MEAL strategy that informs ongoing program design, data analysis, strategic planning, work plans, annual reporting, and other critical project components. staff, with the resources, training and skills needed to effectively implement the MEAL approach across project regions.
Evaluation: Lead the design of baseline, midterm and end line evaluations, coordinate reporting and design and implement activities to enhance understanding of the impact and gaps of project activities and outcomes.
- Establish program evaluation plans and activities to drive effective decision making and inform strategic planning
- Ensure field-level project evaluation, providing methodologies and technical guidance to review and comment on evaluation reports submitted by beneficiaries and project partners.
- Facilitate baseline, midterm and end line evaluations in alignment with project objectives and targets.
- Design, recommend and implement evaluation and learning tools, forms, and processes to ensure alignment with our Theory of Change.
- Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) standards and guidelines are aligned with results-based management (RBM) best practices, across IDRF’s Mental Health Project in Guyana.
- Work with the IDRF programs team to design and implement evaluation and learning systems, tools and collection processes that support the completion of IDRF’s annual reporting.
- Support the implementation of key program performance indicators for data collecting and tracking purposes.
- Ensure high quality of related data collection
- Facilitate and serve as a project liaison for any externally managed evaluations
- Facilitate discussion to share best practices and learnings within and between organizations and partners and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in international development, rural studies, social science, economics, or other related disciplines, with an emphasis on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- 5+ years of experience in monitoring, evaluating and learning sustainable development projects you have a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing successful MEAL initiatives, including innovative, participatory and gender-sensitive approaches
- you have excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis skillsets;
- you have the proven ability to develop and implement appropriate activities to promote project learning and change;
- You are aware of the approach of Global Affairs Canada to capacity building, MEAL and the related reporting requirements;
- you have experience in design thinking and are passionate about learning strategies and facilitation;
- you have strong attention to detail and are also able to think and plan strategically;
- you are an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal English proficiency;
- Monitoring and Evaluation Training would be an asset.
- Deep knowledge of donor MEAL requirements and guidelines.
- 3+ years of relevant, practical experience in development and humanitarian contexts in a MEAL position responsible for implementing most especially Evaluation & Learning activities of international development projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office365 preferred).
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact).
- Experience with tools to aggregate data and automate data analysis
- Experience in results-based management and performance measurement, including developing results chain frameworks, indicator selection, target setting, data collection, analysis, reporting, database management, and developing M&E systems.
- Strong analytical skills for the synthesis of materials, evaluations, and preparation of presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
To apply, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] and mention your name of the position on the subject line of your email: (Guyana Monitoring and Evaluation Officer).