Pursuing a career in the web development field is a dream of several candidates. Nowadays, many companies hire professional developers to build their websites and applications. So, it is good to choose web development as a career path. Young candidates interested in CSS, HTML, and other languages can undergo a course to become a developer.
However, before reaching your career goals, you have to know about the role of web developers.
The major responsibility of a web developer is to write codes for building a site. The quality of the codes can make a difference in the website’s performance. While some developers deal with frontend developments, others work on the backend design. However, full-stack developers can provide both frontend and backend solutions.
It is important to know the separate roles of frontend and backend developers.
What are the major tasks of front-end developers?
Moreover, frontend web developers use different libraries based on React, AngularJS, and jQuery. Some programmers are efficient at using PHP, Python, and Ruby to connect data with the website’s backend structures.
The best frontend developers know the link between technology and design to create an interactive web page. Find a list of other responsibilities of a frontend web development professional.
- Work with User Experience specialists, web designers, and graphic designers to convert a design idea into a reality.
- Transforming website wireframes into codes readable to a web browser
- Structure a website to make it easily accessible to the search engine users
- Ensure the optimal speed and scalability of your website and applications
- Maintain the old features while designing new ones for the website
- Help the backend development team with troubleshooting and coding
- Develop an interface that reflects good aesthetics and ensures optimal performance on any device- The developer has to focus on creating a highly responsive design for the website. He uses tools to boost the site interaction irrespective of the web browser.
- Test websites and eliminate bugs
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Learn about the roles of backend developers-
The term, ‘backend’ of an application and website indicates a combination of programming and technology to power the web platform. It comprises 3 parts- a server, a database, and an application.
A backend developer needs to build the technology and maintain it to back up components related to the website’s user-facing side. The backend code increases the usability of the website and adds utility to every element created by frontend developers.
Highly efficient backend developers work on structures and systems not visible to website visitors. Thus, they are responsible for the performance of the website and application. Furthermore, backend development professionals are skilled at dealing with programming languages like SQL, Python, and Ruby.
Some backend programmers and developers are specialized in building mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms. They use Java, C++, HTML5, and other technologies for this purpose. They choose different approaches to work on the app design elements, scrolling dimensions, and swiping functionality.
As a backend developer, you have to create, test, and debug the backend infrastructure. You must also be able to renovate a website. You need to deal with everything, ranging from application integration to the application logic.
To sum up, backend developers have knowledge about
- Web server technologies
- Server-side programming
- Cloud computing integration
- Operating systems
- API integration
- CMS development, implementation, and maintenance
- Security settings
- Generate analytics and create reports
- Restore technologies related to a website’s database
More about web developers and their roles–
Collaboration is one of the important aspects of a web development project. Developers need to consult other team members like graphic designers, client services managers, marketers, UI specialists, content creators. Thus, frontend developers also work together with backend development specialists.
The developers and programmers have problem-solving skills, as they need to deal with complicated issues and find solutions.
Surely, a competent website builder needs the hard skills to perform his duties and play the major roles in the web development projects. But, it is also essential to have some soft skills to make the development process successful.
- A professional developer needs to have strong communication skills. He maintains open communications with other departments of an organization. Moreover, he has to be efficient at clarifying the technical issues to a client.
- The best programmers and developers are enthusiastic about learning new techniques, tools, and technologies. They like to know more about the latest design trends, widgets, and scripts.
- Finally, they must be patient and dedicated to dealing with every minor website detail.
To conclude, it can be said that you need to have both soft and hard skills to perform your duties. Every web developer involved in a project is responsible for ensuring the perfection of the site.
A website needs constant nurturing, and thus, a company will maintain a long-term relationship with a team of web developers. Today, web development is a lucrative career option, as several organizations are looking for qualified developers. You can also work as a freelance developer and earn revenues.