Salary: Salary dependent on skill set / experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time / Part-time
Closing Date: 31-03-2022 00 Midnight
UCB are looking to build an innovative, exciting web development team to provide our students and staff with high quality, reliable online systems.
In order to do this, we are investing in a number of new roles to ensure that we develop a more flexible provision for the future and enhance the range of systems we offer.
We are offering exciting opportunities for skillful, creative, enthusiastic developers to be a part of our vision at UCB, working under the direction of the Development Lead to form an integral part of the future evolution of the team.
Offering a range of salaries to match skill sets and experience, we are looking for expertise in any of the areas listed below. We will also support you with training and allow you to expand your knowledge with opportunities for progression in a career with good benefits.
Skills and Experience
- Front end website
- Responsive web design
- User interface frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Client side frameworks such as Knockout JS
- Single webpage application architecture
Back end server
- ASP.NET MVC
- ORM (object-relational mapping) frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Writing and optimising database queries
- Robust database design
- Awareness of security issues in web based and back end systems
- Knowledge of techniques to protect against security issues
- Integration of data between systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed to writing readable and maintainable code via neat, consistent layout and code comments
- Creative and driven to find the best solution
- Communicates concepts, issues and solutions effectively
- Keen to expand technical knowledge
- 38 days’ paid leave per year (26 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Local Government pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
How To Apply:
If you have expertise in any of the areas listed above then please register your interest and provide a copy of your CV to [email protected]
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
UCB reserve the right to remove this advertisement and end the recruitment campaign as and when necessary.